This is the first time I used my new Cuisinart® Ice Cream, Yogurt & Sorbet Maker. The recipe came straight from the Cuisinart website. It’s really simple.
Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan over medium high heat; cook until sugar is dissolved. Allow to cool completely. Stir in zests and juices. I used lemon, lime and orange juice and zest.
Freeze in Cuisinart® Ice Cream, Frozen Yogurt & Sorbet Maker for 20 to 25 minutes.
It is very tart. I think the next time I would use a little less sugar. I also let it set in a glass bowl in the freezer for several hours before serving. It makes a very refreshing ending to a meal. Or if you really want to be “fancy”, serve before the main course to “cleanse the pallet”.
My next attempt at frozen dessert will be Salted Caramel Ice Cream.
- 2 tablespoons tangerine/tangelo zest, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup water
- 2-1/4 cups tangerine juice
- ½ cup lemon juice
- Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan over medium high heat.
- Cook until sugar is dissolved.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Stir in zests and juices.
- Freeze in Cuisinart® Ice Cream - Sorbet Maker for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Makes 1 quart
- Serves 8-10 approx ¼ cup servings